Convertible Air Foam Mattress Designed for Pressure Ulcer Prevention and Treatment (VA/Government Only)
The ProCair Plus is a non-powered convertible alternating pressure mattress replacement system featuring our P.R.O. (Pressure Redistribution Optimization) air control technology. This unique mattress replacement system can be used in either a non-powered mode or with the addition of an optional control unit, it can provide alternating pressure therapy.
- Four-zoned system (head, shoulder, torso and foot) inner air core automatically adjusts to each patient's body profile and weight
- P.R.O. Technology valve maintains optimal air pressures in each therapy zone for superior pressure redistribution regardless of patient weight and profile
- One-inch viscoelastic topper enhances pressure redistribution and patient comfort
- Optional raised perimeter available
- Surrounding firm perimeter provides stability during patient care and contributes to patient safety by eliminating gaps between frames and siderails
- Therapy pad with these unique qualities:
- Fluid proof and stain resistant
- Low friction and low shear surface
- Zippered construction
Optional ES Control Unit:
- Convert your ProCair Plus to alternating pressure therapy to enhance patient comfort and wound healing
- Three alternating pressure zones, including the delicate heel section for optimal pressure redistribution
- Three modes of operation assist patients and caregivers during patient transfer and treatment:
- Powered (static)
- Alternating Autofirm
- Powered control settings for eight levels to maximize patient compliance and promote healing
- Alternating cycle times options of 5, 10 and 15 minutes
- Closed loop control system eliminates concerns of changes in mattress interface pressure due to patient repositioning and ambient temperature changes
- ProCair Plus is a reactive surface that allows the provision of optimal interface pressures through controlled air cell inflation for at-risk patients in the prevention and treatment of Stage I and II pressure ulcers, and treatment of uncomplicated Stage III and IV ulcers in patients with multiple turning surfaces. For Stage III and/or Stage IV treatment, care staff should be able to position the patient off of the pressure wound in at least 2 positions.
- Through the addition of the optional pump, the ProCair Plus becomes an active surface with alternating pressure that adds the benefit of cyclic offloading for advanced treatment of uncomplicated Stage III or IV pressure ulcers for patients where such therapy may improve pressure redistribution and circulation. In all cases, Joerns clinical indications are guidelines and should be taken only as recommendations for consideration during individual patient assessment by the clinician.